A series of events has been organised as part of a research study for the Northumberland National Park on the 15th, 22nd and 23rd May 2010 partly funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund
Workshops in a variety of land and landscape based areas are available suitable for Families and Young Adults keen on discovery!
The activities will be enjoyable and easy to take part in. Each will be led by an experienced leader giving you help and instruction.
You are advised to wear stout shoes and waterproofs for the outdoor events.
You may also want to arrive on Hadrian’s Wall Bus – please request more information on booking.
Refreshments are available for purchase at both sites.
Saturday 15th May at Twice Brewed Inn
- 10.30am – 1pm: Story-telling
- 2pm – 4.30pm: Story-telling
Saturday 22nd May at Walltown Quarry
- 10 am – 1.00pm: Orienteering
- 1.30pm – 4.30pm: Orienteering
Sunday 23rd May at Walltown Quarry
- 10.30am – 1pm: Green wood techniques – spoon carving
- 10.30am – 1pm: Green wood techniques – candlestick making
- 10.30am – 1pm: Outdoor food and cooking
- 2pm – 4.30pm: Green wood techniques: spoon carving
- 2pm – 4.30pm: Green wood techniques: candlestick making
- 2pm – 4.30pm: Outdoor food and cooking
Booking: Places are limited, so early booking is advised. The events are FREE
For more information and to book please contact Bowles Green on:
t: 01439 788980
You can also download this infomation as PDF